Loose Lips in the Loggia (Passion Thursday Edition)
This is a video shot during a Wedding Mass, in which the priest burst into song for some reason, causing the bride to be moved to tears. We should all be moved to tears -- every time some aging adolescent in a Roman collar thinks it's all about him.
Meanwhile, here's what's bouncing around the bandwidth of Believers lately:
• On the matter of the aforementioned, we have the story behind the story. [The Christian Post]
• Yours truly used to belong to this parish. It was a nice place once, before it got all weenie on everybody. I'm wondering if this guy had the slightest idea that he might one day get caught. Probably not. [The Deacon's Bench]
• George Weigel takes Cardinal O'Malley to task for celebrating Mass at a border fence, which makes for a great photo-op, but ... [National Catholic Reporter]
• ... as a proper venue for Holy Mass, canonist Edward Peters determines that it is another matter entirely. [In The Light Of The Law]
• They're going berserk in Berkeley, but this time it's not the rising cost of weed, but the removal of a priest from campus ministry. What was first reported as a draconian move by the local bishop turns out to be one of those what-the-hell-did-you-expect moments. [link]
• And finally, reports of Pope Francis as a "put-down artist," towards those who would otherwise be loyal to his authority, is given a thorough review, ending with a twist. [New Oxford Review]
Well, that's our story and we're stickin' to it. Remember to attend Holy Mass this Sunday, not to mention much of the week that follows, when our usual schedule will be interrupted by the "High Holydays" of the Christian year. Until the next chattel of church chat -- that would be in two weeks -- stay tuned, and stay in touch.